[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1815: spatial_ref_sys table cannot be dumped using pg_dump when installed as an extension

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue May 22 04:52:15 PDT 2012

#1815: spatial_ref_sys table cannot be dumped using pg_dump when installed as an
extension
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  chander        |       Owner:  robe
     Type:  defect         |      Status:  new
Changes (by robe):

  * component:  postgis => documentation

Comment:

 See related #1831 and #1834.  there isn't much I can do about this and
 others have complained on the postgresql list as well about custom tables
 not being backed up.

 Also refer to bug ticket:
 http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2012-05/msg00117.php

 and it has been discussed to add a dump extension option:
 http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2012-01/msg01765.php
 but to my knowledge this has not happened yet.

 I will however consider this a documentation bug and make sure to update
 the docs accordingly.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1815#comment:5>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>