[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1998: Crash of topogeo_AddPolygon() with "ERROR: query string argument of EXECUTE is null"

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Thu Nov 22 14:30:08 PST 2012

#1998: Crash of topogeo_AddPolygon() with "ERROR:  query string argument of
EXECUTE is null"
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  wimned              |       Owner:  strk
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  assigned

Comment(by strk):

 Ok so the curious effect of this case is that you start from the upper
 node, check which edges are sharing that node and request healing them. To
 the possible user surprise the edges _are_ healed, but the removed node is
 on the other side. I think the invariant we want to keep here is the
 direction of the first edge passed to the ModEdge function, but we of
 course have to give up the invariant that the start node of the first edge
 will remain the start node of the resulting "merged" edge (because in this
 case the first edge passed to the function will end up being the _second_
 portion of the merged edge).

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1998#comment:15>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>