[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #2122: [raster] Real extent feature lost after metadata as views

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Nov 30 08:34:54 PST 2012

On 30 November 2012 16:00, Bborie Park <dustymugs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sandro Santilli wrote:
>> Could that function figure if it's a "regular blocking" table by looking
>> at other constraints and encode padding in those constraints ?
>>

> Not yet.  There are a few more functions that need to exist before a
> "regular blocking" constraint can be added.  Those functions haven't
> been written yet due to figuring out how to do some of the testing...

My PL/PGSQL fu is lacking and I'm not sure what Sandro means in details,
but is it possible to store static constant values within a constraint?

If it is possible, then storing the two hard-coded float-point numbers
of real spatial extent of the whole raster table coverage would do the trick,
and without touching headers of individual rasters in rows.

Best regards,