[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #2122: [raster] Real extent feature lost after metadata as views

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Nov 30 09:16:40 PST 2012

On 30 November 2012 17:11, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 09:03:54AM -0800, Bborie Park wrote:
>
>> The original extent was computed by unioning the tiles' convex hulls
>> when adding that constraint. raster2pgsql just added the necessary
>> calls to AddRasterConstraints().
>
> This conflicts with what Mateusz said, right ?
> Or did I miss anything ?

There are two loaders behind single name :)
raster2pgsql (the current version, implemented in C)
raster2pgsql.py (formerly known as gdal2wktraster.py, deprecated)

That is why I used past tense in my explanation, to indicate "how it
used to be".
I wrote the gdal2wktraster.py (raster2pgsql.py) only and it was in
pre-view/constraints times.

Best regards,