[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #2038: Exception of topogeo_AddLineString() of a line string with a part colinear with an existing one.

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 11 13:53:15 PDT 2012

#2038: Exception of topogeo_AddLineString() of a line string with a part colinear
with an existing one.
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  wimned    |       Owner:  strk
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  assigned

Comment(by strk):

 So to recap:

  1: the first geometry creates the straight edge on the left
  2: the second geometry is DISJOINT from the first, but its starting node
 (the bottom one on the left) is found to be within the min tolerance from
 the first edge, thus splitting it
  3: the upper portion of former first edge, as split by the new node,
 results as having an interior-interior intersection with the second
 geometry

 I guess we could re-iterate over AddLineString after the split. Would be a
 recursive call, until there's no more edge splitting...

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2038#comment:8>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>