[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1898: ST_DelaunayTriangles option to output as TIN

Tom van Tilburg tom.van.tilburg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 01:49:09 PDT 2012

This would be really, really cool for building model-outputs.
Imagine the power of combining raster-dems and vector breaklines into a
tin. It would even open the way for doing modelling work from within
your postgis dbase.

Is there any prospects on the making of this?

And wouldn't  the toTopoGeom() function come close to creating TIN's out
of the geometry triangles?

Chrs,
  Tom