[postgis-devel] #1898: ST_DelaunayTriangles option to output as TIN

Tom van Tilburg tom.van.tilburg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 06:32:09 PDT 2012

On 14-9-2012 11:52, Sandro Santilli wrote:

>> Is there any prospects on the making of this?
> Interested in helping or co-funding ?
I'm afraid only on the level of testing/documenting, I'm lacking the
skills and budget.
Is there already work done on the topic or is it waiting for funding?

>> And wouldn't  the toTopoGeom() function come close to creating TIN's
>> out of the geometry triangles?
> toTopoGeom populates a topology, doesn't strictly need TIN but should
> already be playing nicely with either the COLLECTION of LINES output
> from Delaunay.
I know a topology need not be a TIN, but isn't a TIN describing a topology?
Could a poor man's TIN be a topology with some strict rules on the
number of points?

Tom