[postgis-devel] Regarding JSON-C support

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Sep 20 18:41:49 PDT 2012

> I don't see how it would cause any trouble. Only issue might be that
> old databases w/o json won't suddenly magically have it available
> becuase, even though they have a json-enabled-binary, they won't have
> the json SQL function signatures.

> P.

Wouldn't  it automatically work once you recompile the postgis...so?

We had changed to always install all functions, because we needed to to
correctly support extensions.

So I think the json check (and even the GEOS checks are now done at the
C-level) and just returns a

"No JSON support" supported error if not compiled with json support.

 I could be wrong though.

Thanks,
Regina