[postgis-devel] Subject=Re: Updates to address standardizer

Mitchell Gibbs mitch at gibbstek.com
Thu Aug 1 06:45:40 PDT 2013

Thanks very much for all of your work on integrating the PAGC address
parser into PostGIS. I'm new to PostGIS and was getting frustrated with the
old address parser. The PAGC standardizer took some time to figure out but
now that's I've got it working the quality of the results is much better
and the performance is a huge boost.

I am finding a situation that is confounding the current version and I
wondered if there might be a simple solution.

If an apartment has a designation like "1SW", the standardizer returns
nothing. (e.g. "12345 S EVANS RD APT 1SW, OAK PARK, IL 60453"). Changing
the unit designation to 1S or 1W works fine.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Mitch Gibbs