[postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.1 "transaction control statements"

Stephen Mather mather.stephen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 06:18:50 PST 2013

Hi All,
       Bounce me to users, if appropriate, but I have put together an SVN
build of PostGIS on Ubuntu 12.10 and postgresql 9.1, with GEOS 3.4.0dev.
All went well in the configure/make/make install mantra.  When I got to the
CREATE EXTENSION step I got the following cryptic message:

"transaction control statements are not allowed with an extension script"

I've had no problem loading PostGIS using the old method with sql scripts,
but thought I'd highlight this oddity in case it was useful and as yet
unreported.

Best,
Steve Mather