[postgis-devel] VOTE: Drop PostgreSQL 9.0 support at PostGIS 2.2

Bborie Park dustymugs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 07:41:45 PDT 2013

> Does this also imply that raster (and GDAL) are also required?

For extensions, yes. For those like me who don't use extensions, it
isn't required.

For PostGIS 2.2, I see dropping PostgreSQL 9.0 as fine because I don't
see PostGIS 2.2 being tagged and shipped until late 2014 or early
2015. Based upon PostgreSQL's EOL date of September 2015 for
PostgreSQL 9.0, my estimate of PostGIS 2.2's ship date seems
reasonable.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

-bborie