[postgis-devel] Tiny WKB

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Mar 6 02:39:44 PST 2013

On 6 March 2013 08:36, Nicklas Avén <nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no> wrote:
> Sorry Mateusz, I think I sent the last one only to you.
>
> I have not had time to do any testing, but I doubt json format can be that
> slimmed or fast.

I'm not much experience with JavaScript myself and I can only believe in it [1]
Browsing some articles and SO answers, conclusion is clear to me as follows:
Considering binary processing on Web client for smaller transfer size?
Go for reconfigure your sever for gzip support.

Just sharing my observations, not arguing with the idea.

[1] https://github.com/felixge/faster-than-c

Best regards,