[postgis-devel] Building the extension on Solaris/amd64

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon May 20 03:49:09 PDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: postgis-devel-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:postgis-devel-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Sandro Santilli
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 3:09 AM
To: PostGIS Development Discussion
Subject: Re: [postgis-devel] Building the extension on Solaris/amd64

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 10:06:46PM +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On 19/05/13 14:56, Paragon Corporation wrote:
>
> >$ libtool --version
> >libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.2
> >Written by Gordon Matzigkeit<gord at gnu.ai.mit.edu>, 1996
>
> That should definitely be new enough to work. I must admit I'm stumped
> at the moment as to why you're not getting a versioned DLL.
> Perhaps compare the libtool magic with GEOS, as that definitely used
> to produce a libgeos-3.x.y.DLL and link against it correctly when
> compiled with MingW.

> If she gets a static only library than no version is needed because any
user will copy the functions in the .exe and there'd never be
 > any incompatibility.

To be clear guys.  I'M REALLY HAPPY WITH MY single file dlls and exes and
would like to keep it that way.  The only place where I think its causing me
issues is in regress testing shp2pgsql-gui as I often get bogus errors
whenever anyone changes liblwgeom.h or it can't find things.  I at this
point have to stop testing shp2pgsql-gui (particularly for 32-bit as it just
causes bogus errors too often).

Thanks,
Regina