[postgis-devel] OPERATOR @ (raster, geometry)

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Nov 6 07:59:51 PST 2013

I've almost completed the script to create the postgis-from-unpackaged
script and while testing it I'm discovering various possible bugs.

One of these is in the presence of an:

  OPERATOR @ (raster, geometry)

known by PostgreSQL after an install, but that is not explicitly
created by the rtpostis.sql script. The closer I see is this:

CREATE OPERATOR ~ (
    LEFTARG = geometry, RIGHTARG = raster, PROCEDURE = geometry_raster_contain,
    COMMUTATOR = '@',
    RESTRICT = contsel, JOIN = contjoinsel
    );

That is, operator ~ (geometry, raster) is saying that its _commutator_
is operator @ (raster, geometry), but that operator is never explicitly
defined.

Was this intentional ?

The script extracts SQL objects from these "enabler" scripts, and is
unable to deal with commutators. I could enhance the script to deal
with them but then why are we doing it explicitly in postgis.sql ?

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign        - against html e-mail
 /\  http://www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments