[postgis-devel] Is there a reason we don't have an ST_Intersection aggregate function

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Aug 31 18:16:03 PDT 2014

I wasn't sure if we just thought there wasn't much utility in it or if there
was a technical obstacle.

I would think that would be easier to build than the other aggregates since
as you add more geometries it shrinks and the current aggregate state is
always the result of the previous state plus new geometry (so no need for an
accumulation function or a final state function) and if you ever end up with
a  geometry collection, you short-circuit out.

Thanks,
Regina