[postgis-devel] FWD: OSGeo GSoC 2014: Action required by mentors in the next 24-72 hours.

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Feb 13 01:33:34 PST 2014

Do we have a GSoC ideas page already ?
Any candidate for mentoring this year ?

--strk;

----- Forwarded message from Hamish <hamish.bowman at gmail.com> -----

Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 14:19:01 +1300
From: Hamish <hamish.bowman at gmail.com>
To: osgeo-gsoc-mentors at googlegroups.com
Subject: [OSGeo GSoC Mentors] OSGeo GSoC 2014: Action required by mentors in the next 24-72 hours.

Hi all,

a reminder for any projects wishing to participate in OSGeo's Google
Summer of Code 2014: we need your ideas pages up and
fully QA'd ASAP! We submit our org application tomorrow, and it will
be assessed by Google early next week. They've repeatedly stated that
the ideas pages are amongst the most important thing they look at, and
the previous good-stead orgs have been rejected due to slack ideas
pages.

So far we only have links to ideas from GRASS, QGIS, pgRouting, and
PyWPS. Last year we had 13 more projects than that involved, so I
know there are more of you out there! :-)

Also Google wishes to know ahead of time how many mentors we have
lined up to help, so please add mentor names and how-to-contact info
to each idea in your ideas pages where you can, &/or say hello on this
list or the public soc at lists.osgeo.org one.

thanks,
Hamish & the OSGeo GSoC 2014 admin team

ps- any questions just ask: you can find Anne, Dustan, or myself at
various times through the day on IRC at #osgeo-soc (Freenode network)

----- End forwarded message -----

--

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt