[postgis-devel] RECHECK condition on geometry index scans

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Feb 21 07:03:20 PST 2014

Dunno how you’re still seeing it, could it be an artifact of PgSQL explain? Like, the core system says “I wonder if I need to recheck” and then after asking us (and we say “no”) it moves on, but the initial question still shows up in the explain output? We definitely say “no” in both the 2d and nd index bindings.

Paul Ramsey
http://cleverelephant.ca
http://postgis.net

On February 21, 2014 at 12:16:41 AM, Sandro Santilli (strk at keybit.net) wrote:

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 09:05:01AM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> I thought I already asked but couldn't find a mail
> or ticket in the archive: when did we drop the RECHECK
> condition from && operator ?
>
> Haven't found a NEWS item entry, but it seems a very
> important change which I'd like to mention.
>
> Can anyone tell when things changed ?

All I found is this ticket from 2007:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/18

According to the ticket RECHECK was removed in 1.4,
but how is it then possible that I still see it in
some EXPLAINs from 2.0 ?