[postgis-devel] Postgis topology creation - O(n-squared)? - creates problems with large datasets.

Graeme B. Bell grb at skogoglandskap.no
Tue Jan 14 06:52:18 PST 2014

> I did up to 160000, after which I stopped because it took ~10 hours,
> and I've been running twice: once with ST_CreateTopoGeo and once
> with TopoGeo_addPolygon.

Sandro,

Thank you for your excellent work in reproducing the situation and beginning the investigation. I am really curious to see what else you discover.

BTW, I've checked with my boss and the 'topologish' files are free for use however you like, because they are just random data. Let me know if you want a larger sample later (e.g. 20M polygons) whenever the code is able to handle that many.

Graeme.