[postgis-devel] Lacking of exact knn-gist?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Jan 17 06:04:24 PST 2014

Alex,

This piece of the workshop gives some visuals about how unpleasant reasoning abound nearest neighbour using boxes is. (It’s almost embarrassing trying to explain it to people)

http://workshops.boundlessgeo.com/postgis-intro/knn.html

You can pull the NYC roads data from the associated data package and replicate the results.
I can prepare something more plug-n-play (dump file and SQL examples) when I get back home if needed.

P.

--
Paul Ramsey
http://cleverelephant.ca