[postgis-devel] Hello!

Enrico Rampazzo iarendis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 03:27:30 PST 2014

Hello all,

I am Enrico Rampazzo, I just subscribed to this mailing list and I thought
to say hi to all of you.

I am mainly a java developer, my knowledge of C is pretty basic, and I
would like to help improving the postgis-jdbc support for the geography
data type. I have seen that the BinaryWriter/BinaryParser classes already
allows to encode/decode geometries as well as geographies, but I would like
to register a JDBC type for Geography and and in general, allow the
manipulation of geography columns from ORMs such as Hibernate.

Is there someone who is already working on this?

Best regards,

Enrico