[postgis-devel] [SoC] "Gsoc weekly report 6": Implement sp-gist clustering in PostGIS and cartoDB

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Jul 2 02:11:01 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 02:27:21PM +0530, mohit kumar wrote:
> hi strk,
> Now make check is giving no errors. I used "box2df" in place of "geometry".

Great, please tell us more !
Did you try creating an index ?
Did you verify the index was used ? Can you show an EXPLAIN output ?
Did you compare the timing between an sp-gist and a gist index ?

NOTE: you pushed a commit with a lot of unrelated and unneeded changes about
      file permissions: http://github.com/mohitkharb/postgis/commit/5c73b621
      that commit also contained changes in a generated file (install-sh)
      and in generated yacc file. It even adds files to the repository
      that should not be there. That makes it harder to review changes.
      Please check what you commit before actually pushing changes.

I suggest you remove all the useless changes and rebase the work
against current "svn-trunk", then focus on tests. The "make check" success
is only because the SQL is now formally valid, but there's no test for using
the index.

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt