[postgis-devel] ST_LineLocatePoint with empty geom raise error

Rémi Cura remi.cura at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 01:11:26 PDT 2014

Not willing to put a fight,
but I think the standard behaviour for logic of (TRUE,FALSE,NULL) in
postgres is whatever involves NULL is NULL.
By extending this concept to null geom, one should expect a null output.
And i don't feel it should be this function that forces you to take special
care of empty geometry.
If you are worried about empty geometry for your special case, you can
still filter it befor or after (with a where result is not null on result !
)

That being said, I don't see major interest in empty geom instead of null ..
Cheers,
Rémi-C

Cheers,
Rémi-C