[postgis-devel] shp2pgsql multi-transaction INSERT mode

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 02:36:47 PDT 2014

On 18/07/14 10:17, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> It looks like shp2pgsql doesn't do INSERT in multiple
> transactions anymore, but I couldn't figure out since when.
>
> It used to do 250 inserts per transaction around 2004, do
> you know when was that changed and why ?

Not sure - check the history? However I would definitely have argued to
remove this, given as I have personal experience that the time cost of
manually sorting through a partial committed shapefile is exponentially
larger than failing individual queued shapefiles so you easily know
which files you need to retry.

ATB,

Mark.