[postgis-devel] install-sh

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Jun 30 08:29:29 PDT 2014

For me, install-sh is not altered by ./autogen.sh

P.

--
Paul Ramsey
http://cleverelephant.ca

On June 30, 2014 at 7:06:17 AM, Sandro Santilli (strk at keybit.net) wrote:

Every time I run ./autogen.sh the "install-sh" file, which is
found in the repository, gets re-written. The most notable
change is:

-scriptversion=2011-01-19.21; # UTC
+scriptversion=2011-11-20.07; # UTC

So I must have something newer than whoever committed the file
in the repository had.

A couple of questions arise:

1) Should that file really be in the repository ?
We require to run ./autogen.sh anyway right after getting a copy of the
codebase from the SVN repository, so it would be recreated locally
According to r9062 (Feb 2012), the file was re-added in the repository
(after removing it at r9061) to support libtool < 2.0
Current debian stable ships libtool version 2.4.2:
https://packages.debian.org/it/wheezy/libtool
Should we re-remove it ?

2) Does it start a commit war to commit the new version, if we have to
keep the file ? Regina on IRC already confirmed she gets the new
version too. Does anyone else have experience of running ./autogen.sh
NOT changing "install-sh" file ?

--strk;

()  ASCII ribbon campaign -- Keep it simple !
/\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt