[postgis-devel] any spatial databases for high performance geo-computing

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Mon May 19 15:57:25 PDT 2014

maybe   http://www.postgres-xl.org/ ??   (=  Scalable Open Source
PostgreSQL-based Database Cluster -  includes Massively Parallel Processing
(MPP) capability  )

http://www.postgres-xl.org/faq/
"Q. Is PostGIS supported?
Yes, PostGIS can be added to Postgres-XL. It has been tested with PostGIS
2.0
Q. How does Postgres-XL relate to StormDB?
Postgres-XL is the core of TransLattice Storm (StormDB) rebranded and open
sourced.
..
Q. Are Business Intelligence applications supported?
Yes, Postgres-XL includes Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) capability
with sophisticated query planning and inter-node communication that allows
it to fulfill query requests over large data sets quickly. Postgres-XL is
well suited for Data Warehousing and Data Marts. In Postgres-XL queries are
parallelized and the data node nodes communicate with one another directly.
"

but

"Q. Are geo-distributed database clusters supported?
No, geo-distribution is not natively supported. A Postgres-XL-based
solution will depend on your particular requirements, and you should
probably engage with a company that is experienced with Postgres-XL."

Imre

.