[postgis-devel] Grid-based Landuse and attributes

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Wed May 21 09:14:40 PDT 2014

in 2011 / 2012, I was lead technical implementor for a study of land
use, jobs, housing, energy use and transportation in California, using
a 150 meter grid. The 'grid' was a refrerence set of geometry, each
resembling a box, in EPSG:3310. It is reference because the ID of each
grid cell is known in the state capital GIS data, such that an urban
planner in San Diego could refer to box ID 100, and it is the same grid
cell as a planner in San Francisco would see.

This project resulted in five primary result tables, covering the five
major urban centers of California:

    http://blog.light42.com/wordpress/?p=1439

You can see an example of the SQL here, and in other posts:

    http://blog.light42.com/wordpress/?p=1489

The study has since changed contents, but continues to this day, based
here in Berkeley

--
Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California Chapter