[postgis-devel] Implement New Geometry Index Method?

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Wed May 21 12:02:08 PDT 2014

> As a side not
> _ in your first use case, you could have forced the use of index by adding to the intersect :
> AND admin.geom && other.geom,
> or even computing this as a first step.

I thought ST_Intersect just expanded to "SELECT $1 && $2 AND _ST_Intersects($1,$2)"

> _your admlinistrativ limit seems to be a partition of the space (no overlaping). In this case there exist very fast way to get the intersect answer, but it is not used in GIS field.

Interesting. Do you have a reference to this method?

This message contains information, which may be in confidence and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.