[postgis-devel] Geohash-36 for postgis 2.2!

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Nov 13 12:29:30 PST 2014

Vladimir,

First place to start is posting an enhancment request on our ticket tracker

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/newticket

You would slate it for milestone 2.2.0 and type: enhancement.

If you are up to doing some coding, you can try to implement yourself  and
post a patch to the ticket

I'm not sure how different it is from the geohash code, but the code for
that I think starts around here:
http://postgis.net/docs/doxygen/2.2/dc/dc0/lwalgorithm_8c_source.html#l00578

As far as patch submissions go, we require the code patch, document patch
and cunit and sql tests
All described on this page: http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/DevWikiMain
(in section Patch Submission Guidelines)

Note to PSC: those guidelines suck and need some work.

Thanks,
Regina Obe
PostGIS PSC Member
http://www.postgis.us