[postgis-devel] how to add my JTS in postgis?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sat Aug 8 06:45:05 PDT 2015

On Sat, Aug 08, 2015 at 08:12:17AM -0400, xschen wrote:
> thank u,
> you mean, postgis uses the GEOS which was installed in my Linux?
> can i modify the configuration of postgis, to let it use a specefied  dir?

PostGIS links to GEOS dynamically, meaning that you can install a new
GEOS version and PostGIS will automatically use it, as long as its
SONAME (Shared Object NAME) matches the one expected by PostGIS (this
is always the case with GEOS since version 3.0.0).

You can download GEOS sourcecode from http://trac.osgeo.org/geos