[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: PostGIS 2.2.1 release in 2 weeks

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Dec 22 00:15:15 PST 2015

> pgRouting is a reverse dependency of the postgis-2.2 library. This is not affected by the ABI break. As least where SONAMEs are concerned.

Just a clarification here.  pgRouting does not have a binary dependency on postgis.  pgRouting 2.1 works perfectly fine with PostGIS 2.0+ and I believe the pgRouting 2.0 actually worked with 1.5 as well.
2.1 might work with 1.5 though I haven't tested that.

It's dependency is similar to osm2pgrouting in that it requires a database with PostGIS installed, but the two extensions do not integrate directly with each other, only thru the PostgreSQL plumbing provided.

Thanks,
Regina