[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: PostGIS 2.2.1 release in 2 weeks

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Dec 22 08:40:30 PST 2015

On 12/22/2015 12:17 AM, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> Hmm I meant to say osm2pgsql  when I said osm2pgrouting (osm2pgrouting requires some version of PostGIS and pgRouting with newer version (2.1) taking advantage of bigint support in pgRouting 2.1)

Are you sure? I looked at the cmake build files, and it doesn't rely on
PostGIS. I also looked at the code, and it seems to be the same case as
osm2pgsql in that it relies on the server it's connecting to having
PostGIS, but doesn't use any APIs.

Just for the record, osm2pgsql's only PostgreSQL/PostGIS related
dependency is libpq-dev. Proj and GEOS We're still maintaining PostGIS
1.5 compatibility and are PostgreSQL 8.4 compatible with standard options.