[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: PostGIS 2.2.1 release in 2 weeks

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Dec 29 14:51:24 PST 2015

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 03:41:15AM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:

> No objection from me. I had expected this release some time ago because
> of the ABI break.

If you're referring to the topology ABI break, it shouldn't have
affected any package.

I'd cut the release in the 7-11 week to better coordinate with spatialite
which would be releasing 4.4.0 with using the liblwgeom topology API
before switching to the external (rttopo) library.

I'd also like to include in 2.2.1 the fixes for 3 recent topology

  https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3380
  https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3402
  https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3412