[postgis-devel] triggers for postgis topology edition

Rémi Cura remi.cura at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 04:00:19 PST 2015

Yep,
enabling/disabling seems necessary because as you said,
and is very easy to do (ALTER TABLE table DISABLE TRIGGER USER;)
enabling the trigger and importing data in topology would be at best slower,
, probably very hard to write
, and at worst impossible (infinite trigger call).

I also have the concurrent editing in mind, but I don't aim at doing an
un-breakable topology for my first try.
simply allowing reasonable edition in qgis, where the user understand
topology and doesn't break things:
 - edition not modifying topology : moving non-isolated node, changing geom
of edges (excluding first/last point, no crossing other edges)
 - edition modifying topology : create a node (split edge if necessary),
delete a node(heal edge if necessary), adding/deleting edged between
existing node

long term goal is more like un-breakable scenario and would be for the user
to simply edit a linestring layer, and the topology associated to this
layer would be updated,
which is a very common use case I believe, but much  more difficult to do
right .

Cheers,
Rémi-C