[postgis-devel] QGis does not recognize geometry field types created from ArcGis

avga2000 avga2000 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 05:20:55 PST 2015

I just created a Geodatabase in postgre/postgis from arcgis. Im able to edit
and get data from postgre properly. When I try to load the same layer in
QGis, qgis does not recognize it. When I check the field type in postgre
appears as "st_point", if I create a layer from Qgis in the same Database it
saves it as "geometry(xx)". I think I should do something on the
geometry_columns table or something else but Im not sure what to do exactly.
Can you give a hand so that I can solve my problem in my project?. I need to
reach the correct interoperability on both platforms. Thanks in advanced.