[postgis-devel] Changing ST_Expand(geometry) to return LINESTRING

Komяpa me at komzpa.net
Thu Feb 26 01:43:09 PST 2015

A linestring as result will break some assumptions:

ST_Covers(ST_Expand(geom, 0), geom) == true - you're expanding geometry, so
it should cover the original, right?

IMHO, BOX is more favourable. But Box won't keep SRID of geometry, which is
now the only reason to use ST_Expand(geom,0) over ST_Extent(geom)...