[postgis-devel] [geos-devel] GEOS 3.5.0 remaining open tickets

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Jul 16 04:09:33 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 03:28:22AM -0400, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> Strk et. al,
>
> I've got the list down to 3 open tickets
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened
> &milestone=3.5.0
>

> #670  Failure to build Ruby bindings
>  - I think this one you fixed, but we don't have a confirm from someone who
> builds on Ruby it's fixed.  I'd assume just close it out as fixed if no one
> responds in a day or 2.

I think you can close assuming fixed.

> #699 Optimize Geometry->Intersection with rectangular argument
> This one is partly addressed I think except for PHP bindings and some other
> stuff.  We either need to finish it or split it into 2 tickets (one closed
> at 3.5.0 and rest of stuff left open for 3.6)

I believe this is only PHP left. How about giving it a try ?
Didn't you always dream of being able to expose C library
methods to PHP ? :)

> Change svn/git line breaks to Unix
> - this one I had put in a while ago and it's really not 3.5.0 specific --
> more on the things that annoy Regina list.  I would need to address it to be
> able to build on windows without offending my Linux/Unix compadres.
> If I don't need to do the release, this can be punted (or I can just use
> Debbie to release).

No need to fix for release, punt.

> --- this one I closed as a won't fix though I felt a bit guilty about it
> I only use CMake now for building and if someone who uses Makefile.vc for
> building cares -- feel free to provide a patch and reopen
> #577 	Makefile.vc lacks install / uninstall / test procedures

Personally I don't care about vc, if nobody steps up within one week
I think you can close as won't fix.

> After these last are addressed, I'd like to call for RC releases next week
> and a final a week or 2 after.

Fine by me.