[postgis-devel] binary packages for dev snapshots

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Jun 4 01:09:33 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 08:05:06PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> The typical norm in packaging systems is to package releases (only), and
> that's the pkgsrc rules.  But it's common in the "wip" (work in
> progress) section to package either -devel or -git versions.  Keeping
> this updated is not super hard, but can be time consuming.  The easiest
> path (complexity wise, not total effort) is if there were release
> tarballs generated daily with some version like 2.1.90.20150603.tar.gz
> which were of version 2.1.90.20150603 being a snapshot before 2.2.  Then
> it would be just a matter of updating the version and checksum in the
> package and building.

Cool, so I tweaked the make_dist.sh script to produce, for development
snapshots (no tag argument, or "trunk"), a file named and exploding into
a dir named after the actual target version and revision number, like:

  postgis-2.2.0dev-r13611.tar.gz

Regina, I guess you need to update the script currently uploading the
differently named version ? Need help with that ?