[postgis-devel] What to do about PostGIS Java/JDBC bindings

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Jun 12 12:46:19 PDT 2015

We've had people off and on complain about the java folder in PostGIS about
how we don't really maintain it.

Ideally we'd like to spin this off of the postgis source, and no longer have
it included in PostGIS source.  Have it as a separate project.

I think the historical reason it is there is that at the time there were a
lot of PostGIS Java developers on our team.
Now no one to my knowledge on the PostGIS development team, actively uses
Java.  So doesn't make sense for it to sit stagnant in our code base.

Any one interested in taking this one and maintaining it separate from
PostGIS core?

Thanks,
Regina Obe
PostGIS PSC member