[postgis-devel] Breathing new life into postgis-jdbc

Phillip Ross phillip.w.g.ross+postgis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 17:50:42 PDT 2015

Hi all... in an effort to breathe new life into java bindings for
postgis, I've volunteered to manage the cleanup of the existing java
portions of the codebase.  The general consensus is that breaking out
the java portions to a separate source tree hosted on github with
dedicated wiki and issue tracker is the way to go.  Discussion and PSC
voting is happening now for this decision, but in the meantime I'm
working on the cleanup tasks necessary to get this established on
github.

The other popular demand is to get updated postgis-jdbc artifacts into
maven central.  The last updates were from about a half-decade ago,
but does anybody know who has the access to the sonatype account that
owns the org.postgis repo for release management?

Thanks!
- Phillip