[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: set schema search_path for select functions

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Mar 17 01:05:52 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 06:08:37PM -0400, Paragon Corporation wrote:

> Building the search_path in the function definition, takes care of
> the hijacking issue I think you were concerned about for the most part
> and is less invasive than what you are proposing

That's also good for me, but I don't really see much difference beside
being maybe simpler to implement. After all we still want/need a variable
that's expanded at compile time and we still need to modify each and
every function definition.

One thing to test about definition-level search_path is functions that
use "current_schema()" internally. Would that always return the associated
search_path or would it still work in returning the user preference ?