[postgis-devel] liblwgeom symbols exported by postgis module

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Oct 1 00:05:28 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 08:46:46AM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 01-10-15 06:13, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> > I think Debian folks are most affected by this since they change our code to
> > dynamically link.  So I'm most concerned what they think
>
> liblwgeom-2.2.so.2 is not much of a benefit over the old liblwgeom-2.1.8
> naming, although it won't break the SONAME at every patch release any more.

Just to get this straight, are the current packages for PostGIS
requiring a specific full-version of liblwgeom ? I read (for postgis):

 Depends: ...  liblwgeom-2.1.2 (>= 2.0.0) ...

What's the ">= 2.0.0" string about ?
Would any existing differently named package satisfy such dependency ?
Would changing the soname make that dependency somewhat looser ?