[postgis-devel] liblwgeom symbols exported by postgis module

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Oct 1 13:16:52 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 09:47:43PM +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 03:27:49PM -0400, Paragon Corporation wrote:
>
> > I think we just got to
> > include the liblwgeom version in  our postgis_full_version() output to catch
> > when people complain about these issues.
>
> I agree about this point, and I think it'd be worth adding
> this in 2.2.0 already, given we're changing the SONAME of
> liblwgeom.

This is in as of r14171.
A new postgis_liblwgeom_version() SQL function and its use
by postgis_full_version(), reporting mismatch if any.

It'll basically result in any use of a liblwgeom which was not
distributed by the same release as the postgis module to be
reported as a mismatch.

I guess the security-patched versions of debian liblwgeom packages
would not change their version, which would mean no warning would
be printed in that case (please correct me if I'm wrong Debian guys).

NOTE: the version being checked includes the revision number.