[postgis-devel] 2.2.0 Release

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Oct 2 23:29:56 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 01:59:25PM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> We’ve had a week of RC1, can we release? The only thing I could see leaning towards no would be integrating the fix to the bounding circle code <https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2996> , which is extensive, and doing RC2 to provide testing time. Please indicate your preference…

I think we should have an empty list of tickets targetting
Milestone 2.2.0 before shipping next tarball.

There are 9 at this moment (one of which marked as "critical"):

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&milestone=PostGIS+2.2.0&col=id&col=summary&col=milestone&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=component&order=priority

An old rule we had was: final ships after one week of _no_activity_
in the release branch. How about creating the 2.2 branch togheter
with RC2 once the trac milestone is clean ?