[postgis-devel] parallel builds

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Oct 16 22:24:30 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 05:48:50PM -0400, Paragon Corporation wrote:

> Is there a technical reason we can support parallel make?
> Or can we put this in as a feature request or at least force it to
> -j1 for those platforms that have -jsomething as default?

Failures in parallel make should be a hint of incomplete dependency
tracking, so worth looking at. I'm not sure how easy it would be to
deal with them.

Disabling parallel seems to be supported by GNU Make via .NOPARALLEL
pseudo-target: http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html#Parallel

Worth a ticket (if we don't have one already)