[postgis-devel] repository hosting (was: is PostGIS ready for git ?) NO?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Oct 19 06:02:27 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 08:32:51AM -0400, Daniel Baston wrote:

> An interesting solution, if this is even a problem, may be to have a bot
> auto-create Trac tickets from GitHub PRs.

I was thinking about this too. The bot must be smart enough
to avoid creating a new ticket if one is already referenced
by any commit log in the PR branch or comment in the PR discussion thread.

How many chances would such bot have to keep working in the future ?
I ask because github has an "Enterprise" account type that
specifically includes "integration with your infrastructure", and I've
seen other hosted systems intentionally shut down non-approved
integrations.

Another point, say we finally setup the gitlab CI, we might want to
file PRs on github for checking via Travis and PRs on gitlab for
checking with gitlab CI so we'd come out with two distinct PRs both
in need to refer to the same trac ticket. It may become a bit complex
to deal with.