[postgis-devel] A letter to the Postgis Developers and Packagers

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Oct 25 14:50:45 PDT 2015

I wonder if maybe GDAL is just bundled with another package that happens to have QT.  Don't know

Here is the full IRC thread for those interested:

http://irclogs.geoapt.com/postgis/%23postgis.2015-10-18.log

starting at: 03:29:47

Too bad astrodog is not on this list to explain more.

Anyway I think the issue is one that other packagers have (so just think of QT as just one possible thing).  I've heard Devrim express similar sentiment  and his was even more worrisome with being able to offer it for newer version of CentOS but not older because the older has too  old of a GDAL or no GDAL at all upstream.

(Devrim -- I know you are here so please say something or say I heard you wrong).

Thanks,
Regina