[postgis-devel] postgis extension sans raster (only for folks who can't compile with raster support) - PSC Vote and developer/packager comments please

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Oct 25 15:02:16 PDT 2015

Oops sorry folks, I responded to the wrong email in last post:

My comment:
I wonder if maybe GDAL is just bundled with another package that happens to
have QT.  Don't know

Here is the full IRC thread for those interested:

http://irclogs.geoapt.com/postgis/%23postgis.2015-10-18.log

starting at: 03:29:47

Too bad astrodog is not on this list to explain more.

Anyway I think the issue is one that other packagers have (so just think of
QT as just one possible thing).  I've heard Devrim express similar sentiment
and his was even more worrisome with being able to offer it for newer
version of CentOS but not older because the older has too  old of a GDAL or
no GDAL at all upstream.

(Devrim -- I know you are here so please say something or say I heard you
wrong).

----------

Was in regards to Even Roualt's note:
> The issue is as I understand it is he doesn't package GDAL so he gets it
> from upstream and upstream GDAL compiles in QT to support other GFOSS.

I don't get the relationship between GDAL and QT. GDAL has for sure no
direct
dependency to QT. And I can't think of a GDAL dependency library that would
link to QT libs.

http://www.spatialys.com

----

Thanks,