[postgis-devel] liblwgeom symbols exported by postgis module

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Sep 28 06:31:00 PDT 2015

Oh god no.  Please don't force  that on me.  I was accepting just having my executables screwed and now you want my postgresql lib files screwed as well?

Here is the thing.

I run PostGIS 2.1 and 2.2 on the same PostgreSQL  instance (heck I also run PostGIS 1.5 sometimes on same instance).  If we make changes to liblwgeom in a minor release, even if the api did not change, I don't want my older PostGIS  affected by it.  Because I use that for easier regression testing knowing that the only thing that changed is PostGIS is PostGIS (e.g. I'm fine they share the same geos etc. cause I'm not testing that and like all else being equal).

So if you force such a thing, PLEASE MAKE SURE IT'S OPTIONAL so I can count myself out.

Thanks,

Regina