[postgis-devel] Upgrade PG 9.3 to 9.5 with PostGIS issue

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Apr 4 23:22:32 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am trying to update my PostgreSQL 9.3 to 9.5 with PostGIS 2.2.

Unfortunately I am facing similar problems like here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2489
Actually, the functions listed in the relevant changeset were still present after upgrading the PostGIS to 2.2.2. So I dropped them manually, but I still get:

“Could not load library "$libdir/postgis-2.1" ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/postgis-2.1": No such file or directory”

The workaround posted here
http://serverfault.com/questions/742539/cannot-upgrade-postgresql-9-4-9-5beta2-after-postgis-2-1-6-2-2-0-upgrade
is not very tempting as I have no idea from which 2.1.x version the conflicting functions are... I had at least 2.1.4dev, 2.1.5 and 2.1.8 installed earlier...

Any ideas how to fix this or how to identify the conflicting functions?

Cheers
Stefan