[postgis-devel] Ensuring coding style with EditorConfig

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Apr 6 00:35:42 PDT 2016

I came across this great project to standardize text editor style
configuration: http://editorconfig.org/

It's a spec that defines the configuration format and strategy to
find it (crawling the path of the file being edited).

I've stubbed an initial configuration and pushed in the PostGIS
repository: https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/browser/trunk/.editorconfig

If you like the idea, please see how to enable support for it
in your preferred editor and help me tweak the config to match
our expected style (see also astyle.sh)

Hopefully this will help getting some consistency in style :)